Enter the 2017 Fuller Challenge
There are just a few weeks left to enter the 2017 Fuller Challenge! The final deadline is Friday, March 31st at 5pm ET.
WHAT IS THE FULLER CHALLENGE?
The Fuller Challenge has defined an emerging field of practice – the whole-systems approach to understanding and solving the interrelated crises facing us. The entry criteria have established a new framework through which to identify and measure effective, enduring solutions to the world’s most entrenched challenges. This year BFI reaches a major milestone as we mark the 10th anniversary of this unique prize. Want to learn more? Read our 2017 Call for Proposals.
Outside of the $100,000 grand prize awarded to the Fuller Challenge Winner each year, there are a number of benefits and opportunities associated with entering “socially responsible design’s highest award”. These include additional support and funding opportunities through our Catalyst Program as well as media coverage.
WHO CAN ENTER?
Each year, the Buckminster Fuller Challenge calls upon individuals and organizations around the world to submit solutions to humanity’s most pressing problems. The program’s seven unique entry criteria and open Call for Proposals attract entrants tackling a wide range of important issues.
Initiatives representing all disciplines will be considered for the $100,000 grand prize, including architecture, urban planning, agriculture, engineering, ecology, food systems, health, sanitation, socially responsible business, energy technology, communications, education, economics, finance, information technology, and more.
Winning the Fuller Challenge requires more than a stand-alone idea or innovation. BFI looks for visionary, trans-disciplinary solutions that take a whole-systems approach to problem solving.
TO LEARN MORE:
- Review our 2017 Call for Proposals and Application Questions.
- Read our recent announcement about the Catalyst Program or visit our website to learn more about the special benefits and opportunities that are offered to the top 20% of entrants each year.
- Listen to a recording of last week’s webinar, during which BFI staff provided an introduction to the criteria and entry process.
- Email [email protected] with any questions about entering the Challenge.
- Visit our submission platform to start an application, view our Terms and Conditions, and save a draft of your answers to our 12 short application questions.