Q: I’m considering becoming a member but I’d like to be able to write a check, or donate via my Donor Advised Fund (DAF) or IRA distributions. Is that possible?
A: Yes, we currently have members who donate monthly or annually using a variety of channels. Email [email protected] if you would like to set up membership using any method beyond what is offered in our membership forms.
Q: I want to use a photo of Buckminster Fuller (or of one of his inventions, such as the Dymaxion Map) in an upcoming periodical, book, journal, web posting or various publication. How do I obtain proper legal permission? A high resolution image? Is there a fee?
A: For a list of items you may be seeking information about, visit this page. In brief, BFI manages the Dymaxion Map, Fly’s Eye Dome, and “Spaceship Earth” permissions. For inquiries regarding images of Fuller, intellectual property rights, and publications, visit the Estate of R. Buckminster Fuller.
Q: I am trying to source a quote of Buckminster Fuller, can you help?
A: Please visit Wikiquote for the most comprehensive resource of sourced quotes. We update the site ourselves with both quotes and sources, and encourage everyone else to do the same! You can also visit our research page for more resources.
Q: I have been working on a project that is largely influenced by Buckminster Fuller and/or relevant to BFI’s mission. How can I share my work?
A: We are interested in your work and would love to have you share it with our larger community. We offer the following outlets:
- BFI Facebook Page, allows fans to utilize social networking for easy, efficient, and widespread sharing of content.
- Become a member. BFI members receive free event attendance (including social gatherings), and we try to feature member and partner’s work in our newsletters.
- Regenerosity, is the nexus of The Fuller Challenge, which was an annual $100,000 prize to support the development and implementation of a strategy that has significant potential to solve humanity’s most pressing problems. Reach out to [email protected] if you would like to share more about your project.
Q: I want to build a geodesic dome. Where do I begin?
A: There are numerous resources available online for building and buying various types of geodesic domes. You can see more on our geodesic dome page. We recommend the following:
- Pacific Domes for professional services.
- EkoDomes for building a dome kit.
- Geoship to start to build your new dome home.
- Shed and Shelter for a thorough listing of dome related websites.
- ZEN DOME for temporary and event spaces.
- Geodesic Help Google Group for conversations about geodesics with experts from around the world.
Q: I have stumbled upon some old media by or about Buckminster Fuller and don’t know what to do with it. Any ideas?
A: BFI often helps find a home for relevant materials. You may want to start with the Stanford Special Collections department. This way interesting items that might otherwise remain unused and under appreciated are available to the public.