A Great Year for BFI Membership
Our Membership program was relaunched in 2015 with more giveaways than ever! In an effort to give back for the growing support, BFI has developed benefit opportunities with kind help from our growing network of partners and friends.
All Members were given discounts to our online store and entry to our Challenge program on top of receiving a specially designed 2015 Membership card in the mail. Read more about what you receive at different levels of Membership here.
In addition, BFI Members were offered the following benefits in 2015 (in chronological order):
- passes to a private two-day educators workshop “Teaching Toward Sustainability: Environment, Sustainability and Design” hosted by the Cooper Union Institute for Sustainable Design in New York City
- discount to the Quebec Association of Landscape Architects 50th Anniversary Congress – a two-day event where Board Chair David McConville and 2014 Fuller Challenge winner, Gina Wirth of Scape Architects spoke.
- a private viewing of a collection at auction at Bonham’s in New York
- discount to entry at the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville, Tennessee where a replica of the Dymaxion Car was on display
- intimate tour with artist, Stephen Talasnik, where Members took a rare look into the world of an artist whose studio practice has been informed by Fuller’s aesthetic
- free passes to Montreal’s Society for Arts and Technology’s IX 2015 symposium where Bucky’s daughter, Allegra Fuller Snyder spoke before the two day event on immersion and experience
- discount to Catapulta! festival in Oaxaca, Mexico, integrating and connecting art, culture, business, entrepreneurship and the creative industries to solve the world’s greatest challenges
- tickets to Shigeru Ban’s presentation and lecture of his work at Cooper Union in New York City where he discussed his work using recycled cardboard tubes in disaster shelter
- private free tour of artist in resident, Stephen Talasnik’s, Sanctuary at MANITOGA / The Russel Wright Design Center – a National Historic Landmark that includes the house, studio and 75-acre woodland garden
- discount to day passes to the annual Bioneers Conference
- free tickets to God is A Verb – an absurdist comedic play inspired by the mind and myth of Buckminster Fuller
We hope you will consider joining BFI as a Member in 2016 for what is sure to be a year of amazing offerings!
Membership with BFI – (a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization – is considered tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.