Creative Climate Awards Call for Artists
As an official part of Climate Week NYC, the Human Impacts Institute is fielding submissions for its fourth annual Creative Climate Awards, bringing together the visual arts, performance art, and film to install climate-inspired public works throughout New York City.
Criteria for Submission include:
- All submitted pieces must address the 2014 theme of “making climate personal” and creatively engage audiences in positive action on climate change
- Work/performance must be suitable for a public setting (all locations will be coordinated by HII and limited indoor settings will be available)
- No admission fee may be charged
- All concepts, ideas, and artwork must be original work of artist submitting proposal
- Work/performance must be safe for artist and the public
- Artists/artist team must have a proven track record of creating work in a timely and professional manner
- Artist will pay for all art and personal transport fees to NYC
The submission deadline is no later than 11:30pm EDT, Monday, August 4th, and can be emailed to [email protected].