The Buckminster Fuller Institute has partnered with Academy Award-winning studio NEON to present SPACESHIP EARTH, the true, stranger-than-fiction, the adventure of eight visionaries who in 1991 spent two years quarantined inside of a self-engineered replica of Earth’s ecosystem called BIOSPHERE 2. The experiment was a world-renowned phenomenon, chronicling daily existence in the face of a life-threatening ecological disaster in the face of a growing criticism that it was nothing more than a cult.
The bizarre story is both a cautionary tale and a hopeful lesson of how a small group of dreamers can potentially reimagine a new world.
The proceeds from each ticket purchased through the BFI link will help support BFI.
Please see brief instructions on how to watch the film at home, below, and thank you so much for your support. Please enjoy SPACESHIP EARTH!
How to watch:
- 1. Click our special link to visit NEON’s virtual cinema platform, where your one-time purchase of $3.99 will give you access to your virtual ticket to view the film.
- 2. To ensure that you are able to pause and revisit the film within your rental period, you will be required to create a free Vimeo account.
- 3. After you have created an account and entered your payment information, your rental period will start immediately and last for 72 hours. You can view the film via the link in the receipt sent to your email, or simply click “Watch Film” when the confirmation page appears directly after purchase.
- 4. You will be able to easily watch the film at any time within this period on any of the following platforms:
- a. SMART TV (using the browser on your Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, Roku or Chromecast)
- b. MOBILE DEVICE (iPhone, iPad, Android)
- c. COMPUTER (by clicking on the link in your email receipt)
- 5. Need help? Please visit the FAQ page or contact vi[email protected]