Q: I want to use a photo of Buckminster Fuller (or of one of his inventions, such as the Dymaxion Map) in an upcoming periodical, book, journal, web posting or various publication. How do I obtain proper legal permission? A high resolution image? Is there a fee?
A: For inquiries regarding the Dymaxion Map, please contact [email protected].
All other image use permissions, intellectual property rights, and publications are managed by the Estate of R. Buckminster Fuller. Please contact them directly with your inquiry, [email protected].
Q: I have been working on a project that is largely influenced by Buckminster Fuller and/or relevant to BFI's mission. How can I share my work?
A: We are interested in your work and would love to have you share it with our larger community. We offer the following outlets:
- BFI Facebook Page, allows fans to utilize social networking for easy, efficient, and widespread sharing of content.
- The Buckminster Fuller Challenge, an annual $100,000 prize to support the development and implementation of a strategy that has significant potential to solve humanity’s most pressing problems. Learn more about the criteria to see if your work is appropriate for entry.
Q: I want to build a geodesic dome, where do I begin?
A: There are numerous resources available online for building and buying various types of geodesic domes. We recommend the following:
- Desert Domes for simple instructions and calculations.
- PopDome for geodesic dome creating software.
- Pacific Domes for professional services.
- Shed and Shelter for a thorough listing of dome related websites.
- ZEN DOME for temporary and event spaces.
- Geodesic Help Google Group for conversations about geodesics with experts from around the world.
Q: I have stumbled upon some old media by or about Buckminster Fuller and don't know what to do with it, any ideas?
A: BFI often accepts donated relevant materials that we exhibit within our BFI Study Center. This way interesting items that might otherwise remain unused and under appreciated are available to the public.
Q: I am trying to source a quote of Buckminster Fuller, can you help?
A: Please visit Wikiquote for the most comprehensive resource of sourced quotes. We update the site ourselves with both quotes and sources, and encourage everyone else to do the same!