BFI is thrilled to be hiring a new San Francisco Bay Area-based Operations Manager. We are looking for a passionate, meticulous, and results-oriented professional with experience in operations and project management. A deep interest and appetite for learning about Fuller’s design science principles and “how to make the world work for 100% of humanity” are musts. Please help us spread the word by sharing on Facebook, or forwarding this link.
Location: San Francisco Bay Area. Working out of our office in downtown S.
Hours: Part-time, 20hrs/week, with potential to become full-time
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and education
The Operations Manager’s role will entail setting up and executing systems that will ensure all that operations are executed with ease, effectiveness, elegance and attention to detail. One day may involve focus on finance and accounting; the next may involve project management of the collaboration with partners from around the world; the next organizing a model-building workshop event or small conference. This vital role requires flexibility, deep insight, and managerial excellence.
Communications and Media
The Operations Manager will support the Institute’s communication and media initiatives. This includes leading social media campaigns, tracking results, communicating with members and the wider BFI network, and building our communities. The Operations Manager also will support publication of Trimtab, BFI’s monthly newsletter. The Operations Manager will also work on website updates and troubleshooting with BFI’s website Drupal developers.
The Operations Manager ensures that all administrative aspects of the Institute operate smoothly and elegantly. A certain portion of time is focused on administrative tasks such as office management, scheduling, receiving and scanning mail, overseeing the bookkeeper, corresponding with our fiscally sponsored projects, taking notes at meetings, and other tasks as needed.
The Operations Manager will run our online store. This includes researching new products, marketing, keeping inventory in stock, communicating with buyers, and managing order fulfillment. .
Volunteer and Visitor Management
The Operations Manager will be the key contact for the volunteers and visitors. This involves hosting weekly study center hours and guiding visitors to resources. The Institute greatly appreciates its volunteers and supports them with tracking tasks, staying in close contact, and answering questions.
* Develop familiarity with integrative and ecological design principles
* Connect to a global network of systems innovators integrating art, ecology, design, science, and engineering
* Learn about the life and work of Buckminster Fuller
* Grow leadership and management skills in a supportive and creative community
EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES
* Bachelor’s degree, strong preference toward a master’s in Business, Environmental Science, Economics, or related field
* 3+ years of work experience in administration, operations, leadership, and management
* Strong analytical and communication skills
* Volunteer management experience
* Project management skills, capable of meeting deadlines and working with large groups
* Event management skills.
* Team player and self-starter capable of working both collaboratively and independently
* High emotional intelligence with the ability to bring out the best in people
* Entrepreneurial spirit with the confidence to pitch original ideas
* A natural curiosity about how people learn, play and make meaning together
* Technically savvy with the desire to learn and teach new tools
* Demonstrated commitment to “making the world work for 100% of humanity”
Please submit your cover letter and resume at http://tinyurl.com/BFI-Ops-Man by October 15, 2017. Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis.