Work with BFI
The Buckminster Fuller Institute, a New York based 501c3, is seeking a self motivated, inspired, and dedicated individual to serve as part time Bookkeeper contractor. We are looking for an efficient, thoroughly organized and focused person. The job requires a minimum 5 years experience, motivation and endurance to work in an nonprofit yet entrepreneurial and dynamic environment
1. Accounts Payable: All bills classed to appropriate program/class, bill payments approved by director, checks cut and mailed weekly
2. Bi-Weekly payroll run through Intuit assisted payroll (auto payroll based on annual salary, direct deposit checks, Intuit files quarterly payroll taxes)
3. Revenue & Receivable: Prepare deposits, contributions, licensing, book electronic funds, Quickbook entry of Membership dues and Store Sales (occasional NY sales required annual sales tax return paid and filed)
4. Reporting: Weekly Balance Report to Directors, Fiscal Sponsorship monthly balance reports, Quarterly financial reports for board of director.
5. Weekly update and monthly reconciliation of all financial accounts.
6. Physical and electronic files weekly backup of QB, file bills, contracts, deposits etc
7. Subcontractor Agreement
8. Manage insurance policy paperwork &miscellaneous form filing
9. Create annual budget in Quickbooks
- Excellent planning, organization, attention to detail, follow through and task prioritization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expertise with Quickbooks and Intuit Payroll Services
- Proficiency with MS Office, specifically Excel